Y is the 25th letter in the Alphablocks Gang.
"Y says yes, yippee and YAY!"
Y is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in the UK.
He is a light yellow Alphablock with a tiny curl of hair sticking out from the top, and freckles on his cheeks. He is a semivowel (a vowel that is a consonant at the same time, meaning can sometimes be used for an E or an I sound, like in "fly" or "try").
Despite acting like a young child, he will never give up in getting what he wants, not unlike a typical toddler. In Why, he wanted to join the vowel ensemble with a musical number.
- Alphablocks (first appearance)
- Bee (cameo)
- Key (sound only) (no solo lines)
- Cha Cha Cha (cameo)
- Fox (sound only) (long "e")
- Map (no words)
- On (sound only)
- Champ (sound only)
- Birthday Girl (no solo lines)
- Band Together
- Letters to Santa
- Making Friends
- Crossover (image only)
- The Case of the Missing Blocks (last appearance)
- Y's lowercase shape makes the "u" sound in Cyrillic languages.
- He looks young because he is the youngest letter in the alphabet gang.
- Y is sometimes not a vowel because he is consonants with B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, V, W, X, and Z. Some moments he does.
- Y gets stripes sometimes, mostly when connecting with vowel Alphablocks.
- Y sounds exactly the same as Zero due to the fact that they both have the same voice actor.