In this episode, Y wants to become a vowel.
The vowels, A, E, I, O, and U, sing in harmony, until Y shows up. E says this group is vowels only. Shy Y sings about his desire to be a vowel. T and R appear to tell Y that all he has to do is tr... But they need a vowel. The five vowels show up.
It doesn't work. I and U refuse to help them, but Y can do it.
Y becomes striped like the vowels, much to their surprise. The episode ends when Y sings harmonically with the vowels.
Characters (in their order of appearance)
- H (fantasy)
- G (fantasy)
- W (fantasy)
- N (fantasy)
- P (fantasy)
- T (fantasy and real)
- L (fantasy and real)
- C (fantasy and real)
- H (fantasy and real)
- F (fantasy and real)
- LL (fantasy)
- OW (fantasy)
- Hug (fantasy)
- Win (fantasy)
- Pot (fantasy)
- Pet (fantasy)
- Pat (fantasy)
- Yellow (fantasy)
- Yacht (fantasy)
- Tra (nonsense word)
- Tre (nonsense word)
- Tro (nonsense word)
- Song: Why?
- Consonants C, F, G, H, K, L, N, P, R, S, T and W make a cameo in this episode. Some were only shown in the dream.
- The shirts that the vowels wear look like their pyjamas are also used in Lips, with the lack of the hats.
- This is the only time we see Y in his hat and shirt.
- E's only spoken line is "Sorry, this group is vowels only."
- U's only spoken line is "Uh? U called?"
- A's line is only her sound. It was heard 3 times.
- B, D, J, M, Q, V, X, and Z are absent in this episode.
- This was the first episode where a nonsense word is sounded out. It was done 3 times.
- If the Vowelblocks were in rainbow order, they’d be E-O-Y-A-U-I.
- Y can also make an “ee” (as in “shiny”) or “i” (as in “symbol”) sound.
- I refused to make a nonsense word because if she did, the word would have said "tri" (which sounds like try)
TRA and TRE
At first, we didn’t know what they mean. However, according to Mr. Yokai:
"Definition of tra-la. —used to suggest gaiety, lightheartedness, or playful derision especially in song."
"Definition of tre corde. : with soft pedal released —used as a direction in piano music at the close of a passage una corda."
The name of Arifmetix's Numberblock 2.5Pi.