The adventures of 26 lively letters who can make words come to life by holding hands.
When a flying saucer crash-lands, F makes a new friend: Fred, who misses his mummy and wants to go home. Can her friends give F the boost she needs to fly Fred to the final frontier?
F sees E and T, who is in capital mode and look at the crash-landed flying saucer. F meets an alien. The alien says his name is Fred. F introduces him to E and T, who turns back into lowercase mode. F asks where Fred is from. F points to his home planet, which is far away from Alphaland. Fred wants to go home. F wants to fly him home, but he's too heavy. F has failed.
With all that fog, F mistakes N as Fred, and N refuses to take Fred home. Then, Fred turns into N. T brings the vowels to help them.
Words used (N is Fred)
- FEN - Fred, F, T, and the vowels are in a fen.
- FIN - F has a shark's fin on her head. They try to swim to Fred's home, but they can't reach.
- FUN - F, U, and Fred bounce so high they can almost touch Fred's planet, but they don't make it.
- FAN (star word) - F has a fan on her back. After counting down from 5 to 1, they blast off and fly to Fred's home. Fred is happy to meet his mum again.
Characters (in their order of appearance)
- AI (game only)
- E.T. (stealth word)
- Eat (stealth word)
- Fen (game only)
- Fon (game only) (nonsense word)
- Ftn (game only) (nonsense word)
- The numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also used on the Number Aliens in UFO.
- B, C, D, H, J, K, L, M, P, Q, R, S, V, W, X, Y, and Z are absent in this episode.
- Everyone, including O, speaks properly, except for A who only says her sound in this episode.
- In the game version, she only says her sound as her solo line, only when FAN is sounded out. After FEN is sounded out, both female vowels, A and I, say "A boggy marsh," like they're stuck as digraph AI.
- The only English words Fred knows is "Fred", "Fun", "Fin", "Fan", and "Mummy (or Mommy)".
- In the game version, T is the only moveable consonant. When you place T between F and N, they sound out the nonsense word FTN.
- E and T being in capital mode refer to a movie from the '80s called "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" somewhere in the episode.
- There is a Numberblocks episode similar to this episode.
On a The Loud House episode "Snow Bored", Leni, and later all siblings except Lisa, spelled The Word "fun" as F-O-N.
“Fon” can be the name of a wireless company incorporated and registered in the United Kingdom that provides wireless services.
"Fon" can also be the extension of a Windows 3.x file referenced by programs that access system fonts. They cannot be resized to any size like a TrueType font.
"Financial 15 Split".