Flatland is an episode of Numberblocks.
Four takes a visit to Flatland, where all the flat shapes live, and he becomes a real square! Learn about shapes with numbers 1-10.
Squarey discovers a red stick. Four plays fetch with her, but the stick ends up flat on a wall. Squarey jumps in the wall and gets flat. When Four discovers it, he enters it and becomes a real square. Four wonders where he is, since he has a feeling they're not in Numberland anymore.
The red stick, with One's voice, welcomes them to Flatland, where all the flat shapes live. One (Line) demonstrates becoming another shape by adding another Line to become Two, in the shape of an Angle. Two then adds another line to make Three, in the shape of a Triangle. She is then joined by three other Threes, shaped in different Triangles.
Squarey wanders off. Four follows her to where he sees four lines. Four sees they're at first making a Square, but they instead make a Rectangle Four. Rectangle shows Square Four other Fours shaped in different Quadrilaterals. They call out their names: Rectangle, Rhombus, Trapezium (Trapezoid), Kite, Dart, Parallelogram, and Square.
Squarey leads Four to another shape: Five in the shape of a Pentagon. He then sees Six in the shape of a Hexagon, and Seven in the shape of a Heptagon.
Squarey wants to go home. Eight, in the shape of an Octagon, appears. Octagon makes a Flying Basket. Three Lines appear, one of them making One, in the shape of a Circle. They make a balloon. On the way home, they pass by Nine the Nonagon and Ten the Decagon. Octagon says goodbye before he returns Four and Squarey to Numberland.
Four lands in a picnic with the other Numberblocks. He tells them about his time in Flatland where he was a real square and claims to be relieved to be Four again, and the Numberblocks cheer for him.
- Eight-Sided Basket
- Nonagon (does not talk)
- Decagon (does not talk)
- Squarey would appear in this episode, marking her third appearance in the series and her first appearance in Season 4.
- This episode teaches about 2D Shapes.
- Nine and Ten are the only Numberblocks whose Flatland counterparts have no dialogue throughout the episode.
- Angle Two is the only Flatland inhabitant to stay made of lines and not curve his lines to make a face.
- Parallelogram Four sounds like Eight.
- If the show was American, Trapezium Four would be called a trapezoid.
- Due to 4 being a real square, his blocks stay a square the whole episode. Nine also stays as a square.
- The episode is focused on 4.
- This episode is named after the novel called Flatland and the movie adaptation.
- Every quadrilateral has a different voice, and presumably a different personality, from 4. They are all however voiced by Marcel McCalla.
- 4 says, "Squarey, I've a feeling we're not in Numberland anymore,” which is a reference to the line, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" from Wizard of Oz.
- In October 17, 2021, an Alphablocks episode called The Wonderful Wizard of Az is a parody of Wizard of Oz, which makes it the second time in the Learningblocks series where Wizard of Oz was referenced.
- When Four says "Hey, wait for me!", his right arm is disconnected.
- Rhombus Four stays frozen when Square Four leaves.
- When Four slides to the picnic basket, Seven slurps out of nothing. Eight was also holding nothing, but in the next shot he had a teacup and saucer. Plus, Seven was also having his cup of chocolate milk.
- Four is fine with the circle-shaped One, despite other episodes establishing that he is afraid of round things.
Has its own page.