Eight, or 8, is a character who appeared in Numberblocks. He is well known for his alter-ego, Octoblock.
8 first appears in the episode with the same name.
He is voiced by Marcel McCalla.
8 is the Numberblock made up of 8 magenta blocks, with 8 octopus-like limbs and a dark magenta (purple-ish in Series 2) infinity symbol-shaped pair of goggles with 8 points, 4 on each side.
- Eight (debut)
- Just Add One
- Blast Off
- Double Trouble (biggest number)
- The Three Threes
- Odds and Evens
- Fluffies (biggest number)
- The Two Tree
- Numberblock Castle
- Ten Green Bottles
- Now We Are Six to Ten
- Building Blocks
- What's the Difference?
- Numberblock Rally
- Five and Friends
- Octoblock to the Rescue! (biggest number)
- Ten Again
- The Legend of Big Tum
- Mirror, Mirror
- The Way of the Rectangle
- Fifteen's Minute of Fame
- Balancing Bridge
- Tall Stories
- Flights of Fancy
- I Can Count to Twenty
- Terrible Twosday
- Sixty's High Score
- The Big One
- One Hundred
- More to Explore
Total number of appearances: 46
He is an 8 with green tentacles and a green mask. He has small pupils and big teeth. He only appeared in Octoblock To The Rescue but died in the pie in there too.
- 8's way of being a spider in his debut episode is a reference to Spider-Man.
- 8's catchphrase is "Octoblock, (command), 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, (said command)!"
- 8 is the second Numberblock to have eyelash-like points on an eye, the first being 6. It is possible that his "eyelashes" are actually parts of his mask.
- Just like 2's glasses might be his real eyes, it is also possible that his mask is his real eyes.
- When 8 is first seen, many viewers mistakenly think he is a girl, due to his body color (which being pink) and eyelashes.
- There is another "Octoblock" in the real world, which is a round xylophone with 8 keys.
- 8 is the only Numberblock greater than 5 who can make more than 3 arrangements in the first series.
- 8 is currently the biggest Numberblock voiced by Marcel McCalla.
- 8 had a continuous error where he had 4 normal limbs, especially whenever 9 sneezes. The episodes 8 had the error are in:
- So far, 8 makes the most shapes out of all the Numberblocks, even more than 5.
- To prove this, In 6's verse of 8's song, you can see all the shapes 8 can make in the background.
- 8 would have 369 shapes, because there are 369 possible octominoes.
- If rotations and reflections are also distinct, there are 2725 shapes Octoblock can make.
- 8 in Series 2 has a lighter-coloured mask.
- According to Now We Are Six to Ten, 8 wasn't Octoblock until he got tickled by a radioactive octopus.
- 8 is capable of generating the Octo Signal with his Numberling.
- 8 is the first Numberblock to make diagonal shapes (his "Bend" Form (zigzag) and his "Pop" form (which is just the donut, or square-with-hole, but diagonal))
- "Octoblock, (command), 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, (said command)!"
- "Have no fear!/Never Fear Octoblock is here!"
- "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! 8 arms, or are they legs? Whatever they are, I like them! I am 8, and this is great!"
- (as Octonaughty) "Octonaughty, (command), 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, (said command)!"
- "Octoblocks assemble!"
Gabe Sotillo's original design of 8 is pink and is a cyclops like 1. He has a dark pink unibrow, a blue octagonal eye, dark pink lips, blue limbs, and a bow tie with 8 points. It is guessed by Gabe that he loves octagons.
Lauraadshead1's original design of 8 is dark green with lighter green eyebrows, eyes that are rectangular, lips, and limbs in a similar fashion to 4. It is guessed that Lauraadshead1's original design of 8 is 4's cousin. He also highly resembles 4 in this design. but the number after 8 took the similarity instead.