Cowboy is the thirteenth episode of Season 4 of Alphablocks. It is the 91st episode in the series overall and the final episode of Season 4 and the series itself.
When a cowboy rides into Alphaland, it's time for OU and OY to round up some cows. Yee-hah!
O duplicates himself into four. When U, W, Y, and I watch, the O's fall over, sticking them together into vowel digraphs (OU, OW, OY, OI). When OU and OI leave, T comes up and holds hands with OY.
A toy appears. T leaves. B joins in.
A boy appears. B asks what a boy is. The boy says he is one. C appears.
A cow appears. "Wow! Do it again!" says the boy.
The boy turns into a cowboy and a ranch, named the Thousand Cow Ranch, appears. The boy sets off to round up a cow. Passing OU, he asks them if he can help. The boy offers them a hat. While looking for a cow, they pass D and L.
The cow belts out a loud MOO!, startling L, OU, D, and the cowboy. They chase the cow, while L walks away. N, who is playing the harmonica, joins in. Then they hear a sound like a rattlesnake. It's actually S shaking a rattle.
They hear a moo. But the sound actually comes from a moo box. While continuing the search, F flies in.
They found a real cow! The cowboy lassoes it in. They need 999 more to go. But where can they be? Deputy TH marches in, S flies in, and A drops in.
Nine hundred and ninety-nine more cows appear, totalling up to a thousand cows! And they're all glad to be here in the Thousand Cow Ranch. Everyone tosses their hats and shouts "YEE-HAAAA!"
And so ends the Alphablocks TV series.
This episode introduces the digraphs '-oy-' and '-ou-' and the words toy, boy, cow, cowboy, loud, sound, found and thousand.
Characters (in their order of appearance)
- Total words: 8.
- E, G, J, K, M, P, Q, R, V, X, and Z are absent in this episode.
- Another common "-oy" digraph word is JOY, buy J doesn't appear in this episode because jaybird isn't supposed in the episode.
- Another common "-ound" word family word is ROUND, but R doesn't appear in this episode because she's too piratey.
- A, D, F, L, S, and digraph TH only say their sound in this episode.
- E is the only vowel who did not appear in this episode.
- This is the final episode of Alphablocks.
- However, this is not the final Learningblocks episode, as the 92nd episode, "One", was premiered 3 and a half years later in the series "Numberblocks".
- THOUSAND is the final word sounded out in the series.
- Coincidentally, "One Thousand" is a number, and the next show, "Numberblocks", has numbers.
- "One" and "Nine Hundred and Ninety-Nine" are also mentioned, foreshadowing "Numberblocks".
- This is the only TV appearance of diphthongs OY and OU.
- H only appears as part of the digraph TH in this episode.
- Diphthong OI also appears in The End, where only two words are made. In this episode, no words are made with the diphthong, as it only appears in the beginning.
- It's unknown what I is doing in the beginning.