Building Blocks is an episode of Numberblocks Series 3.
9 and 10 see something unusual. It appears to be an alien, whose spaceship has crash-landed onto Numberland. The alien shows them her home planet, so 10 decides to blast off there. She starts to count down, but the alien stops her and tries to rebuild the tower. But instead it scans 10 and shoots out her shapes. They decide to build a tower.
The alien then scans 9 and shoots out his shapes, and 9 builds with his blocks. 6 and 7 admire their construction. They then get scanned and their shapes come out.
6 points up to the alien's planet that the aliens are building their own tower. Quickly, they build the tower bigger until it almost touches the top of the aliens' tower, but when the alien shoots out a 9-block shape, it accidentally falls off the tower and lands on the ground, causing the Numberblocks' tower to start collapsing.
6, 7, 9, and 10 call for help, when 8 comes. The alien scans 8, who starts rapidly building with his shapes, until the top of the tower falls. The Numberblocks 6-10 hang on to the top of the aliens' tower for dear life while the alien climbs them to his home planet. 10 says goodbye to the aliens as she, 9, 8, 7, and 6 fall with parachutes.
Now they're guilty that their tower's all over the place, so 7 suggests they could build something else.
- This episode is similar to the Alphablocks episode, Fred. Interestingly, both episodes have the same writer.
- The Numberblocks 0-5 are absent in this episode.
- This episode marks the first time that 1 is absent. (The second time is The Way of Rectangle ) That means, 6 is the smallest number, 7 is the smallest prime number and 8 is the middle number in this episode.
- The Numberblocks 6-10 have new arrangements in this episode:
- 1+3+3 left
- 4+2+2 center
- Center triangle
- Sideways Shifted Rectangle
- 4+4+2 right
- Pointing Down 1
- 2+4+4 center
- Pointing Down 2
- Second Finger
- Thumbs Up
- This episode could be considered the sequel to Stampolines.
- 8's wrench shape and swingset shape from Blast Off and Numberblock Castle respectively return in this episode.
- This episode, Alphablocks episodes "Book" and "The End" aired on Halloween 2018.
- Many shapes have never been made before, so thanks to this episode, the shapes were made for the first time.
- Some shapes Numberblocks made are never used in the tower.
- The alien planet is made by blocks, making it looking like a Minecraft planet.
The list of building blocks used in the tower is shown below. Rotation and reflection are ignored. The number after each building block shows how many times the shape is used.
- 6: (56 building blocks, 336 blocks in total)
- 3x2 rectangle (28)
- Step shape (28)
- 7: (65 building blocks, 455 blocks in total)
- Line (63)
- T-shape (2)
- 8: (at least 62 building blocks, 496 blocks in total)
- Line (6)
- 4x2 rectangle (30)
- Swingset (16)
- Top hat (4)
- C-shape (4)
- 3+3+1+1 (2)
- (possibly several more, unrecognizable)
- 9: (71 building blocks, 639 blocks in total)
- Line (3)
- Square (60)
- Isosceles triangle (4)
- Weird triangle (4)
- 10: (109 building blocks, 1090 blocks in total)
- Line (8)
- 5x2 rectangle (39)
- Triangle (28)
- 4+4+2 side (16)
- 4+4+2 center (2)
- Weird hill (16)